About Me!

Families,

Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year! Thank you for taking a minute to learn a little more about me! I am looking forward to learning more about you and your child as the year progresses.

I was born and raised right hemere in Henrico County! I graduated from Hermitage High School and went on to VCU to receive my Bachelor’s degree. I got, what I called, my “grown up” job and was miserable. Sitting at a desk was not for me. I realized after a very short time that I needed to return to school to pursue what I decided “to be”¬†when I was 8 years old– a teacher. I returned to VCU and earned my Master’s of Teaching in December of 2010. I started my career at George F. Baker in 2011! After six years, I decided it was time to work a little closer to home and applied for a transfer. I am thrilled that I have returned to Shady Grove, where I student taught, to continue my career.

I went from Miss Norris to Mrs. Wilhite in 2013. My husband is also a Richmond native and we reside here in Henrico County. Three years after saying “I do” (literally on our anniversary), we welcomed our daughter, Caroline, to our family.

I am looking forward to a successful year and encourage you to be a key component in your child’s academic and social growth! We all must work together to make your child, our class, and our school thrive!

#Game On, Cardinal Nation! Here’s to an awesome year!

Ashley Wilhite

6 thoughts on “About Me!

1. Hey mrs.wilhite i miss you so much…sorry i havnt been on your blog the school just unblock things on our computer hows you and caroline doing

2. you look sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty OMG sooo happy for you