Noah Walls Holocaust Letter

Virginia Holocaust Museum

2000 East Cary Street

Richmond, VA 23223

January 3, 2015

Dear Marsha Kreuzman,

Hello Marsha. My name is Noah Walls and I work as a curator at the Holocaust museum located here in Richmond, Virginia. Here at the museum, we have been trying to extend research and we have actually located this picture at (http://tabletmag.com/scroll/158166/holocaust-survivor-meets-u-s-soldier-who-liberated-her). We have noticed the similarity between your story, article, and what is happening in the picture and we would really like to talk to you about your experience and how it relates to the picture we found. Also we would love to continue our research with the soldier you talk about in your incredible story.

In your story, you describe the liberation of you and your fellow inmates at the harsh concentration camp, Mauthausan. You describe how you fainted when you heard the words “You’re free”. The news must have struck you extremely hard. In the picture, the inmates faces are similarly lighten up with smiles and they are actually tipping their hats to the soldiers. I couldn’t imagine the joy you felt when you saw the soldiers. Also your story tells us how you reconnected with one of the soldiers that liberated you. I bet he is just as excited about talking to you as you are about talking to him. This would make for an amazing story at our museum.

As we are trying to bring more exciting stories to our museum, I would love to ask you a few questions. How long did it take you to recover from being so emaciated from being kept in the camps? Also, did you and the inmates believe you were going to get liberated before it happened or did you guys lose hope after years? You talk about how you reconnected with one of the soldiers that liberated you. What emotions did you have when you first talked to him? I could only imagine the emotions you felt talking to the man who saved your life after many years of disconnection.

Thank you for helping us bring more incredible stories to our museum. I look forward to your reply and more of your great stories.

Sincerely,

Noah Walls

(Link to Story: http://tabletmag.com/scroll/158166/holocaust-survivor-meets-u-s-soldier-who-liberated-her)