My Perspective: I love teaching reading because every student reacts to different literature in their own way. They interact with the characters and setting based on their own experiences. In today’s world where screens are everywhere, it’s refreshing to see kids get sucked into a story. Some of my fondest memories of childhood involve my parents reading to me and then me reading to them. Both of those scenarios occurred through high school. Kids are never too old to be read to!
Grammar Review Games
- Free Rice
- Soft Schools
- Possessives Review
- Contractions – Beat the Clock
- Context Clues Jeopardy
- Commas Galore!
- It’s Greek to Me! (Root words practice)
- Root Word Matching
- Comma Chameleon
- Magical Capitals – Capitalize letters
- Possessive Nouns – Under the Sea
- Proper Noun Capitalization – Space Smash