Here’s a brief story. I’ve lived in the Richmond area for most of my life. I decided to head north for college and found myself in Ithaca, NY (Ithaca College, not Cornell) embracing the cold winters and coming home for the hot summers. I majored in Psychology and I focused on developmental research and media literacy. Eventually, I decided I wanted to become a teacher and got my masters from VCU and began my career teaching. This is my 10th year and I’m really excited to start my 3rd year at Colonial Trail.
Oh, at some point in that time period I got married and had a kiddo. 🙂
- I spend a lot of time in/on my garden and love to grow my own food and flowers.
- I take a lot of pictures and sometimes they get published!
- Jozy is my dog and she’s both smart AND beautiful. (Australian Cattle Dog/Sheltie mix). She was rescued by EHDR
- I have a cat who is incredibly handsome and very mean. I love him anyway.
- Cooking and eating are two of my favorite things to do. (Vietnamese, Thai, Mexican, and anything with pasta are a few of my favorites.)
- I’m an avid baseball fan… but in the off season VCU basketball keeps me going.
- Coffee is the reason I get up in the morning.
- I believe in kindness, empathy, responsibility, and laughter.