Digital Breakout – Pokemon!
- Thursday, June 6th – Wax Museum/STEAM Research Project due
- Students will present in class for the “dress rehearsal.”
- (All writing parts will be completed in class.)
- Friday, June 7th – STEAM Night/Cub Celebration, 5:30 – 7:30
- Students will present their wax museum project during the first hour
- Sunday, June 9th – Bowling Party
- Students must have paid in advance to attend this event.
- Thursday, June 13th – 5th Grade Moving Up Ceremony at 9:00 in the gym. 5th grade celebration to follow for the remainder of the day.
- Friday, June 14th – Last day/half day of school!
Happy Friday! In honor of one of our students, Tariq Masood in Mrs. Stephens KG class, the PTA is sponsoring a fundraiser for St. Baldricks Foundation to raise money for childhood cancer research in Tariq’s name. See the link below for more information.
We will be posting on Facebook and sending out a ConnectED asking kids to bring in a dollar to support this cause. On Monday, I will bring each of you little sponsorship forms that kids will be able to write their name if they donate and an envelope for you to put the money in. If possible, hold on to the envelops and I can come collect them at the end of the week or if preferred, Tariq’s brother or mother can collect daily. I hope to make this as easy as possible for you so please let me know if there’s anything you need. Thank you all for helping to support this cause that is so near and dear to one of our families.
Have a wonderful weekend!
In honor of Dr. Seuss week, students are encouraged to wear the following:
Thanks to Mrs. Roberts for letting me know about this essay contest. It’s due March 1st, for any 5th grader interested. See the link below for all the details.
Fifth grader, you are tomorrow’s leader. The education you’re receiving now and in the future is an investment in yourself and gives you tools to make better decisions, solve problems and improve your life and others. Once you’ve graduated from high school, you can gain additional skills or training through higher education.
How will you better your community by attending a college, university or training program?
Your answer could win you one of FIVE college savings accounts from Virginia529 to help fund your future education. You will join the other winners in being recognized on stage at Richmond Raceway. Your winning essay also comes with an award and Papa John’s pizza for your school’s 5th grade graduation ceremony.