Who is Mr. Holscher?!?!?

Welcome to my Health & Fitness Blog!!!!!!  My name is Brandtin Holscher and I am the Health & PE Teacher at Maude Trevvett Elementary School.  This will be my seventh year teaching in the wonderful state of Virginia: 4 years of 3rd grade and 1 year of PE all at Sterling Elementary in Loudoun County, Virginia.  I am so excited to begin my second year here at Trevvett Elementary!!!!

I am from the small rural town of Waynesboro, Pennsylvania, which is quite close to the historical Gettysburg Battlefield.  I have two wonderful parents and two equally amazing siblings (Jeremy and Hannah).  Growing up I was always an active child as I played soccer, football, baseball, wrestling, and ice hockey.  After years of trying out different sports, I found that ice hockey was my number one passion.  I played travel hockey for the Hagerstown Bulldogs and High School Division 1 Prep at Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School.  I continued playing hockey at the collegiate level for the West Virginia University Mountaineers Division I and Division II programs.

Throughout my time at WVU I studied elementary education with a concentration in general sciences.  I graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2013 where I earned my Masters Degree in Elementary Education.  Following graduation I moved to Sterling, (and later Reston) Virginia, where I taught for five years at Sterling Elementary.  In May of 2018 I proposed to my now fiance and ventured down to the Richmond area in hopes of finding a comfortable place to settle down and start our newest journey together.  We are currently putting the final touches on our upcoming June wedding in Charleston, WV.

I love listening to country music, 80’s metal/rock/glam rock, anything 90’s, and everything in between.  My interests outside of school include hiking, fishing, power lifting, running, reading mystery novels, and spending time with my family and friends.  Although I am a physical education teacher, I still try and support my students in all areas of education (given my classroom background) by providing as many cross-curricular experiences as possible.  If there is anything else you would like to know more about, feel free to leave any questions you might have in the comments section.

Let’s Go TIGERS!!!!!

&

Let’s Gooooooooo Mountaineers!!!!!!