Who is Mr. Holscher?!?!?

Welcome to my very first blog ever.  My name is Brandtin Holscher and I am the NEW Health & PE Teacher at Maude Trevvett Elementary School.  This will be my sixth year teaching: 4 years of 3rd grade and 1 year of PE all at Sterling Elementary in Loudoun County, Virginia.  I am so excited to begin my first year here at Trevvett ES, so that I can share my passion for health and fitness with my students, parents, and staff.

I am from a small in Pennsylvania called Waynesboro, which is quite close to the historical Gettysburg Battlefield.  I have two wonderful parents and two equally amazing siblings (older brother and younger sister).  Growing up I was always active as I played soccer, football, baseball, wrestling, and ice hockey.  As I got older I found that ice hockey was my true passion.  I played travel hockey for the Hagerstown Bulldogs and High School Division 1 Prep at Wyoming Seminary College Preparatory School.  I then played hockey at West Virginia University for the Division 1 & 2 programs.

Throughout my time at WVU I studied elementary education with a concentration in general sciences.  I graduated Magna Cum Laude in 2013 where I earned my Masters in Elementary Education.  Following graduation I moved to Sterling, (and later on Reston) Virginia, where I taught for five years at Sterling Elementary.  In May of 2018 I proposed to my now fiance and ventured down to the Richmond area in hopes of finding a comfortable place (and cheaper-NOVA is no joke lol) to start our new lives.

I love listening to country music, 80’s metal/rock/glam rock, some pop, and everything in between.  Although I am a physical education teacher, I still try and support children in all areas of education (given my classroom background).  If there is anything else you would like to know more about, feel free to leave me some comments.

Let’s Go TIGERS!!!!!

&

Let’s Gooooooooo Mountaineers!!!!!!