I cannot believe the new school year is already here!!!! It seems like yesterday our students were finishing up their SOL tests and preparing for a much needed Summer Break. I am super excited to get the year started so that I can implement a few new programs within Health and Physical Education. For instance, I have made a few upgrades to the gymnasium (Tiger Dome):
- “Tiger’s Fitness Hall of Fame”
- Revamped world wall
- Freshly remodeled incentive program aligned with our PAW values
- Upgraded Tiger PAWs w/ a menu of choices/prizes to buy
- BRAND NEW projector to increase our use of technology (TBD on it’s implementation)
- Fitness Folders (Grades 3-5)
What is coming back to PE?
- Running for Healthy Hearts (stay tuned for more info)
- Morning Clubs (Grades K-5)
- Fitness Testing (Grades 3-5)
- Aquatics Field Trip (5th Grade)
- Field Day
- Family Fitness Night
- Success Week
With the combination of returning programs and new/upgraded programs, I am positively certain that this school year will be the best one yet! I cannot wait to see our returning Tigers and welcome our new students to the Tiger Family. Stay tuned for more updates!!!!!