A Dog’s Esprit

I am a dog. The world is flickering new since I was adopted by a girl named Ariel. Ariel is honeyed, she gives me scrumptious dog food and sugary treats. When I woke up from my slumber, I saw a fringe in Ariel’s clothes. She picked me up when I whimpered, and I played tug-of-war with the thread. It was embarrassing when the string beat me, and then I was freed into the backyard. The grassy grass was as fresh as herbs, and I saw black mud. “Interesting.” I thought. I washed myself in the mud and smelled something, eggs?

This entry was posted in Our Showcase Winners, Uncategorized by Avani. Bookmark the permalink.

About Avani

I am a lover of books and am making a few myself. Books have been the key to imagination, and that just proves that magic is real. My favorite books are The Land of Stories series, A Snicker of Magic, and The Princess and the Foal. To me, imagination is much bigger than the whole galaxy put together 100 times. Books rock!

4 thoughts on “A Dog’s Esprit

1. Hi Avani,
    I really liked the way you approached the 100WC. It is always interesting to narrate as something very different to your experience. Ariel sounds like the kind of owner every dog would like, dog food, treats and cuddles! I liked the cliffhanger ending, what might happen when you smell the eggs? Does it bring back a memory, is it happy or sad? Will it unleash the wild beast in you?
    Keep up the great work,
    Ciara (Team 100)
    Ireland