A Dog’s Esprit

I am a dog. The world is flickering new since I was adopted by a girl named Ariel. Ariel is honeyed, she gives me scrumptious dog food and sugary treats. When I woke up from my slumber, I saw a fringe in Ariel’s clothes. She picked me up when I whimpered, and I played tug-of-war with the thread. It was embarrassing when the string beat me, and then I was freed into the backyard. The grassy grass was as fresh as herbs, and I saw black mud. “Interesting.” I thought. I washed myself in the mud and smelled something, eggs?

This entry was posted in Our Showcase Winners, Uncategorized by Avani. Bookmark the permalink.

About Avani

I love sports, especially Ga Ga and kickball. I play soccer and swimming and lots of other sports too. I like science and animals and am very competitive. I am like a tomboy, so you won't see me with dresses or nail polish. I also LOVE to horse around and tell jokes. When I grow up I want to be a marine biologist and a sports person!

4 thoughts on “A Dog’s Esprit

1. Hi Avani,
    I really liked the way you approached the 100WC. It is always interesting to narrate as something very different to your experience. Ariel sounds like the kind of owner every dog would like, dog food, treats and cuddles! I liked the cliffhanger ending, what might happen when you smell the eggs? Does it bring back a memory, is it happy or sad? Will it unleash the wild beast in you?
    Keep up the great work,
    Ciara (Team 100)
    Ireland